Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Giuliana Rancic apologized Zendaya, comment about hair



 
The “fashion police” host Giuliana Rancic apologized for commenting over the Zendaya’s hair on the red carpet Oscar on Sunday. She commented, saying "I feel that she smells like patchouli oil…or weed." 

Rancic apologized Tuesday after the day when she commented on Zendaya’s hair. She started "I'd really like to address something that is weighing very heavily on my heart."

Zendaya responded immediately after commenting on Instagram and said “outrageously offensive” stereotypes. “There is a fine line between what is funny and disrespectful,” Zendaya wrote. 

Rancie wrote on Twitter for apology that her comment was in reference to the "bohemian chic look" and that it had "nothing to do with race," and NEVER would!!!” but was further criticized for brushing off her responsibility. 

She said, I want to say to Zendaya and anyone else out there that I have hurt, that I am so, so sincerely sorry.” "I didn't intend to hurt anybody, but I've learned it's not my intent that matters. It's the result."

“This incident has taught me to be a lot more aware of cliches and stereotypes, how much damage they can do … and that I am responsible, as we all are, to not perpetuate them further.”    

No comments: