Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kurt Busch did NASCAR double






Kurt Busch became a second NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) driver when finished "The Double" and completed 1,100 miles in both races on the same day. Busch drives in the 98th Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 Sunday. 

Kurt Busch completed 907 miles in his quest joined Tony Stewart who has done it in 2001. He also joined drivers Robby Gordon who did it five times and John Andretti who did twice.
"I would love to do it again," Busch said Sunday night.  

After driving Busch said it was great racing in traffic. When I did drive it was a great feel about stock car right that I will never forget. "I do like it enough to do it again," he said after landing in North Carolina. "So we'll see how things go tonight. ... I need to ignore the 500 miles I just did." 

The first leg of Busch's racing doubleheader was a total smash, as the NASCAR champion-turned-Indy rookie made it look easy after starting 12th at the Brickyard.

No comments: