Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Joan Lunden has diagnosed with breast cancer



Joan Lunden former "Good Morning America" co-host has interpreted with breast cancer, revealed on Tuesday. She acknowledged that she is suffering with cancer by posting tweet and a letter on her website JoanLunden.com to her fans; 

“Lunden said she had received an all-clear two weeks ago after her annual mammogram, but "for women who have dense fibrous breast tissue, as I do, often our doctors will recommend an ultrasound as well." "My ultrasound that day revealed a tumor in my right breast," she wrote. 

She also said it is so hard to every woman to hear the words that you have breast cancer. I never thought that I had heard these words in my life. Lunden, 63, called her cancer “the aggressive kind”.
Lunden has co-hosted “GMA” from 1980 to 1997 shared the news with current host of “GMA” who is a breast cancer survivor. This news also shocked to staff and “GMA” co-host Amy Robach is also being treated for breast cancer. 

She said, I have decided to share this news from all of my fans because since I joined “Good Morning America” I have lived my life with all of you, all my happiness, my disappointments: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. So it did not feel good to keep secret this part of my life journey. 

Lunden opened up about her late father, who was a cancer surgeon. "I have covered many stories about breast cancer over the years but I never actually thought this would happen to me".

I have already begun my chemotherapy and my treatment will also include a lumpectomy and radiation for full recovery. I have received a support from my husband Jeff and my three older daughters in every step of the way.

No comments: